Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Outside Reading #4

As I finish up Twilight, a part of me doesn't want to read the last ten pages. I almost want to not read them so the story will never come to an end. I know there are three other books in the series, but the first book of a series is always the best in my opinion. As the story does unfortunately come to an end, more secrets are revealed. Such as how one becomes a vampire. " 'We have another fairly superfluous weapon. We're also venomous,' she said, her teeth glistening" (20.414). I usually dislike fictional books such as the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings series. However when it comes to Twilight, my views were the total opposite. I fell in love with the story. Even though our culture does not believe in vampires there was something about this book that made the creatures seem real. Due to my opinion I didn't dare categorize it as a "fantasy" type of book. Meyer did a phenomenal job creating a fictional story into a story that seemed unbelievably real. Besides falling in love with the story, my fear of monsters and such have faded. As pathetic as that may sound it's the truth. Since I was a little girl I've been terrified of monsters, or the idea of monsters in general. Twilight has made me believe that not all "scary" mythical creatures are bad. 

No comments: