Sunday, November 16, 2008

Outside Reading #3

After only five days I am almost finished with Twilight. I can't even explain how much I have enjoyed reading this book. I am currently on page 375, chapter 16. I'm known to being a slow reader, but not with this book. I have read more than fifty pages a day for the past five. Stephenie Meyer is an unbelievably exceptional writer, making this series addicting! As you may know Twilight the film premieres Friday, November 21st, at twelve o'clock a.m. Besides worrying about purchasing tickets for the premiere. I'm concerned that the movie may not live up to the amazing book. I wonder if the actors in the film will portray the characters in the book in a positive way. Or if the story will follow the exact format of the book. I personally believe that if a book is made into a film, the film has a fifty-fifty chance of being as good as the book. For example Harry Potter films have obviously lived up to the books. And the novel The Notebook was also created into a film, which was an exceptional movie but didn't exactly live up to the book. Either way I'm still extremely excited to see the movie, and then begin the second book, New Moon!

No comments: