Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Outside Reading #10


I finally began New Moon, the second book of the Twilight series written by Stephenie Meyer. I only read about ten pages of the book today so I am taking the chance of judging the book. So far I believe the book is a bit boring. After the amazing ending to Twilight I expectedthe beginning of New Moon to be just as good. What I have heard from others that are reading the Twilight series is that the first, third, and fourth book are unbelievable. However the second is not the greatest. Therefore I wondered why. Why was the second book not as great as the first, third and fourth? Stephenie Meyer is an incredible writer in my opinion, but I just don't understand how she let down Twilight fans in the second book. My conclusion is that she  doesn't want too much to happen, and is saving the best events for last. I recall reading an article that was based off of an interview she did. I remember her explaining that Edward and Bella's relationship does not grow rapidly, it takes time. Their feelings for each other are obviously strong but the physical part and mental part of the relationship blooms slowly. Because of this statement I believe Meyer mad New Moon not as good as the others to help readers understand Edward and Bella's relationship better.

No comments: