Sunday, October 19, 2008

Outside Reading

During the chapter the "the morning after" Blair over slept and is rushing to make her eleven o'clock interview for Yale University. This chapter was intriguing due to the fact Blair's character is always prompt. As Blair rushes around the hotel room she goes over the interview in her head. "Why Yale?" "Tell me about yourself." "Who is your role model." Besides wanting to be able to answer the interview questions thoughtfully and throughly, Blair wanted to look her absolute best. Blair woke up at ten o'clock and her interview was at eleven o'clock leaving her very little time. Cecily von Ziegesar does a very good job describing Blair's thoughts and emotions as she's getting ready. von Ziegesar describes Blair's put together very quick, look as smart and sophisticated. It wasn't exactly Blair's potential look, but it didn't matter it was a "Yale look". It was a look Yale was looking for. I understand the teenage girls of the Upper East Side faking their way to the top of the social pyramid. Yet I don't understand faking your way into college. I feel I would want to be myself during a college interview. Maybe thats a good thing to some and a bad thing to others, but thats just my opinion.

No comments: