Tuesday, October 14, 2008

outside Reading

I am currently on page 123, the beginning of the chapter "best wester vs. motel 6". As of right now Blair and her step brother, Aaron, are taking a trip to visit Yale University. Yale is the only school Blair applied to and has dreamed about going to." ' I've been planning on going there since I was little.' " (Blair-page 123) Blair obviously is not aware if she has been accepted or not to Yale. Yet she is very sure that she will. Instead of reading farther into the chapter I thought about my own life. I've wanted to attend the University of Wisconsin and play on the Women's Hockey Team since I was about nine years old. Relating the two situations got me thinking. "What if my childhood life plans don't come true?" This not only scared the heck out of me, but also forced me to think about back up plans. Due to this little sentence in a random book I'm reading, I made a list of the top ten colleges I would like to attend.  As well as talk to my parents about my goals and options during and after high school. Going back to the book, Blair is obviously used to getting whatever she desires. Money is usually the essential to getting whatever she desires. However Yale University isn't something you can just buy your way into. In Blair's case and type of lifestyle. Yale could be something she could buy her way into. These thoughts make me eager to read more. Over all as much as I don't want to believe it, not all dreams come true.

No comments: