Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blog #13: War

For decades the Israelis and Palestinians have been at war. To us Americans, we believe the war we have been fighting has be going on for a very long time. Well the Israeli-Palestinian war began over fifty years ago. Today, the two enemies are not even close to an agreement of any sort. They continue to fight in a war that may never end. In Israel every young man and woman must participate in the army at least one time. I have family that lives in Israel that therefore many of them have or are participating in the war. In someways I feel as if I am apart of two wars. The war that the United State's is apart of, and the war that the Israelis are apart of. As much as I don't want to believe it or even say it, I have become used to the idea of war. It has become apart of our everyday lives. Since September 11th our country has changed dramatically, and becoming used to war is one of the dramatic changes. I hope that one day our entire world can live in peace, even if it takes centuries.

Stern, Lynn. "Still no peace in Jordan." Time 20 Oct. 2008:3-4

No comments: