Monday, February 2, 2009

Blog #2: Overcoming Struggles

Just like every other teenage girl, I have been reading the Twilight series written by Stephenie Meyer. In this series Bella Swan moves to from Arizona to Forks. Due to the move Bella must attend a new school, and make new friends. For Bella this is a difficult, she is very shy and humble. Therefore making new friends and adapting to a new life-style is challenging. I personally have gone through a transformation similar to Bella's situation. In ninth grade I opened enrolled in Edina. However I knew some girls through sports before attending Valley View. As the small group of girls did help me in some ways, it was still a challenging switch. Academically speaking the switch was difficult, I had more school and homework. Due to my personal experience I could perfectly imagine how Bella was feeling. That was until I got to the part where she becomes involved with a vampire, Edward Cullen. Along with adapting to new school and making new friends, Bella must change her life-style for Edward. And Edward must do the same for Bella. Bella cannot tell anyone about the Cullen family, therefore living with a large secret. Edward must keep himself from taking Bella's life. Together they overcome their struggles.

Meyer, Stepenie. Twilight. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2004.

No comments: